2022-2023 sustainability report
Verescence Presents its Sustainability Report 2022-2023
Verescence, the global leader in luxury glass packaging for the beauty industry, publishes its 2022-2023 Sustainability Report, approved by independent third-party KPMG. This sixth report highlights the progress made by Verescence in its fundamental pillars: People First, Act For Society, and Eco Solutions, as part of its GLASS MADE TO LAST program.
Thomas Riou, CEO of Verescence, said:
The significant advances made by Verescence, as illustrated in this sixth sustainability report, have only been possible thanks to robust governance and a solid performance system. Our efforts were once again recognized in 2022 by EcoVadis, which awarded us its Platinum medal, as well as by CDP, which awarded us a double ‘A’ rating for our leadership in climate action and water management.
Here are some key highlights:
- Verescence has reduced its CO2 emissions (scopes 1 & 2) by 20% since 2017, and its decarbonization plan for 2019-2034 has been approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) based on the WB2C scenario.
- Verescence recycles 98% of the water used in its industrial processes through closed-loop systems on its sites and has reduced water withdrawals by 50% since 2017.
- Verescence has recycled 91% of its waste and has produced 62% of its bottles from post-consumer recycled glass (PCR), demonstrating its commitment to a circular economy.
- Verescence prioritizes short supply chains, with 97% of purchases from local suppliers.
- Verescence maintains a lost-time accident frequency rate below 5, which is 2.5 times lower than the industry average.
- Verescence has achieved gender parity in hiring, with 52% of new recruits being women, including positions in production, quality, molding, and maintenance.